EAGLE POINT, Ore. — Alyson and Reagan Scheffler aren’t your typical teenagers.
In addition to being at the top of their class academically, playing multiple sports and participating in FFA, the two siblings also co-own a local hog farm.
Starting with just two hogs back in 2011, their small business has grown to over 40 hogs per year; selling to individuals and supplying pork to local restaurants, including Standing Stone Brewing Co.
“It’s been a learn as we go,” says Alyson. “My brother and I have learned a lot about businesses and responsibility.”
All of Standing Stone’s pork is supplied by RA Farms.
"All the pork on our menu, all of our Carnitas and everything is made from scratch,” says Raider Babcock, the executive chef at Standing Stone Brewing Company. “The difference in the meat is spectacular — the quality is just that much better.”
Alyson is planning on attending Oregon State University in the fall but will continue to be involved in the business. Both her and Raegan plan to continue throughout college and beyond.
If you are interested in purchasing a hog you can contact RA Farms at email@example.com.
- Local teens are expanding the Southern Oregon pork market
- Biggest Holiday Market in Southern Oregon opens today
- Prescribed burns in Southern Oregon
- Southern Oregon Home Show Bringing In Millions For Local Economy
- Ocean Salmon Fishing Expanded in Oregon
- Southern Oregon Fire Crews Aid Southern California in Wildfire Fight
- Teens Question Oregon Gubernatorial Candidates
- Oscar Nominations Connect Hollywood to Southern Oregon
- Thousands Seek Flu Treatment In Southern Oregon
- Crabbing Closed Along Southern Oregon Coast