GRANTS PASS, Ore. — For up-and-coming business owners, finding answers to essential legal questions can be both difficult and expensive. At its next Launch Talk, the non-profit Southern Oregon Regional Economic Development Inc. (SOREDI) offers precisely those kinds of answers from legal professionals.
If you're wondering what kind of company structure is best for your business, how to file for a patent or trademark, hiring initial employees, or investment and debt financing, you need look no further. SOREDI will have answers on August 8 at the Hivve.
"Join our expert panel at the Hivve in Grants Pass to find out more about all of these legal topics. Plan to come armed with legal questions of your own!" the organization said.
This talk will include the following panelists to answer those burning questions, according to SOREDI:
- Jerry Haynes, Jerry Haynes Law – Southern Oregon’s top IP and trademark attorney, Jerry is the go-to local legal expert for anyone looking for advice on intellectual property law such as trademarks and patents. Previously, Jerry served as Legal Counsel for Consumer Electronics, Optical Products and Corporate Technology Groups with Intel. His areas of practice include Intellectual Property, Patents, Trademarks & Trade Secrets, Technology & Software Licensing, Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Mike Hitsky – Mike currently serves as in-house Senior Corporate Counsel for Rimini Street, a global technology company that recently went public. Previously, Mike had his own legal practice advising growth companies on legal and business issues, often functioning as outside General Counsel. Mike is also an Adjunct Professor of Law, having taught courses at Georgetown Law for the past six years on technology and the law.
- Suz Montemayor, Barrett Business Services (BBSI) – Suz is the Southern Oregon Human Resource Manager for BBSI, overseeing offices in Medford and Grants Pass. Suz is uniquely skilled at examining the alignment between business strategic goals and workforce management tactics. She can help you identify the proper deployment of temporary staffing, workforce recruitment and human resource consulting.
- Frederick Reichensperger, CPA, Moss Adams – Fred is a Director in the Tax Services Group of Moss Adams based in Medford Oregon. He provides tax compliance and strategic tax planning to middle market companies in all stages of their lifecycle. Fred’s experience includes choice of entity, tax transaction planning, ownership succession planning, and entity restructurings.
The talk runs from 5:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m., and tickets cost $10. Food and beverages will be provided. If you're an entrepreneur in need of a discount or scholarship, contact SOREDI's Alex Palmer for a discount code.
- Talk offers answers to legal questions for aspiring local entrepreneurs
- Polar Vortex: Your Questions Answered
- New Southern Oregon Aspire Computer Store Opens
- Attorney General Nominee Answers Questions at Confirmation Hearing
- Local Immigrants Search For DACA Answers
- Hope Hicks won't answer questions about the White House in congressional interview
- David's Chair offers freedom for local boy
- Local Winery Offers Hikes for Last Minute Summer Fun
- Local Wildlife Rescuers Offer Unlimited Visits with New Membership Campaign