CENTRAL POINT, Ore. -- One person is dead after hitting a pine tree on North Foothill Road this morning.
Police say it happened just after 8:00 a.m. at the 6700 block of North Foothill Road. A northbound sedan left the roadway near a driveway. It then hit the tree and caught on fire.
Deputies and crews arrived to find the vehicle and tree fully engulfed. The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
The identity of that driver isn't being released right now.
North Foothill Road was closed between Corey Road and East Vilas road for about three hours while deputies investigated the crash. The road is now open.
This is a developing story.
- UPDATE: Person Dead After Hitting Tree
- BREAKING: One Person Dead After Trailer Fire
- 3 Dead as Helicopter Hits California Home
- Person Dead After Head-On Crash in Grants Pass
- One Person Dead After Crash Near Crater Lake National Park
- Dangers of Tree Wells
- Plant A Tree
- UPDATE: Suspect Found Dead After Florida Shootout
- UPDATE: Cyclist Hit By Semi Identified
- UPDATE: One Person In Custody After Multi-Vehicle Crash