MEDFORD, Ore. — Two suspects are now behind bars after an incident over the weekend that the Jackson County Sheriff's Office has called a 'burglary and vandalism spree.'
Around 5:30 a.m. on Sunday, deputies responded to a security alarm sounding from a business in the 2100-block of Sage Road in Medford. When the officers arrived, they saw two men walking nearby the business, later revealed to be 21-year-old Andrew Beck of Central Point and 24-year-old Michael Dornath of Medford.
Damage to a local business after the weekend burglaries.
Stolen property recovered from Beck's residence.
Deputies said that they questioned and identified both men, but released them. At that time the extent of the damage was not readily apparent, according to JCSO.
Upon further investigation, deputies and Medford Police officer found at least eight businesses and a vehicle on Sage Road and Lars Way that had been either burglarized or vandalized—with an estimate of the total damage in the range several thousands of dollars.
Investigators were able to obtain descriptions of items stolen from the businesses, and realized that they had been on the persons of the two men who were questioned.
Deputies located and arrested Beck on Tuesday, with help from Central Point Police. Some of the stolen property was also recovered from Beck's house. Beck was lodged in the Jackson County Jail on a number of charges.
Dornath was arrested on Wednesday afternoon by a Medford Police officer on a probation violation detention warrant. JCSO has added charges related the the vandalism and burglaries over the weekend.
The investigation is ongoing and JCSO expects that more charges will be added for both suspects through the course of it.
- Suspected Vandals Arrested in Medford After Weekend Spree
- Police Arrest Suspects in Downtown Medford Vandalism Spree
- Medford Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Suspect in Medford 'Morning Crime Spree' in Police Custody
- Surveillance photos help police arrest burglary spree suspect
- Police arrest suspect in recent Phoenix tire slashing spree
- Kid Time, YMCA Bus Vandalized in Medford
- Investigators Looking For Vandalism Suspects
- Medford Police Arrest Bank Robbery Suspect
- Suspect in Medford Shooting Arrested in Montana