EAGLE POINT, Ore. — A Jackson County man is under arrest after fleeing on foot from a traffic stop early Tuesday morning, according to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO). When deputies searched the man's car, they found considerable quantities of drugs.
Around 12:30 a.m., a deputy tried to perform a traffic stop on a white Infinity G35 for a traffic violation while on Highway 62 at Shasta Avenue. Instead, the driver continued driving northbound through Eagle Point without stopping.
The driver turned onto Butte Falls Highway, before suddenly coming to a stop in the middle of the roadway, according to JCSO.
A man, later identified as 54-year-old Allen Dale Mitchell, emerged from the driver's seat and fled the car on foot. He was stopped by a deputy a short distance away, where Mitchell "actively resisted arrest."
When a second deputy arrived to help, Mitchell was taken into custody.
Deputies then brought in a drug-sniffing dog—K9 Jack. The K9 indicated that there were drugs in the Infinity, and a search by deputies found methamphetamine, heroin, 15 pounds of processed marijuana, and "equipment commonly used for drug sales."
27-year-old Lydia Mae Davis of Medford and 22-year-old Taylor Nicole Shull of Eagle Point were also riding in the vehicle and were both arrested at the scene. Davis was jailed for a probation violation related to a conviction for heroin posession. Shull was cited and released for heroin possession.
Mitchell has been lodged in the Jackson County Jail for a laundry list of charges with bail set at $75,000. His charges include:
- Attempting to Elude an Officer in a Vehicle
- Attempting to Elude an Officer on Foot
- Reckless Driving
- Recklessly Endangering Another Person (two counts)
- Unlawful Possession of Heroin
- Unlawful Delivery of Heroin
- Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamine
- Unlawful Possession of Marijuana
- Suspect in Custody After Running from Car Filled with Drugs
- Brookings Shooting Suspect in Custody
- Klamath County Stabbing Suspect Taken Into Custody
- Stabbing Suspect in Custody near Klamath Falls
- Filling Bowls in Josephine County
- Suspect in Medford 'Morning Crime Spree' in Police Custody
- Suspect in Custody in Connection with Mailing of Pipe Bombs
- Update: Suspect In Custody After Body Found At Chico State
- Four Suspects Arrested in Medford Drug Bust
- Sherm's Thunderbird Markets Fills ACCESS's Warehouse