CENTRAL POINT, Ore. — The third suspect in a Central Point armed robbery the occurred back in February of 2018 has been arrested in Texas and brought back to Jackson County, according to the Central Point Police Department (CPPD).
On February 13 of last year, police responded to a house on Greenleaf Lane after reports of an armed robbery. Three suspects reportedly came to the home that evening and tied up one victim with duct tape while holding him at gunpoint.
"A second victim who showed up during the robbery reported the three male suspects left the scene in a green Honda Civic with Texas plates," CPPD said in a statement the following day.
Law enforcement took 21-year-old Ashton Garrett and 22-year-old Erick Cervantes Melinero into custody soon after the robbery following a brief car chase that began on I-5 and ended near N Phoenix Rd and Juanipero Way.
A third suspect, later identified as 22-year-old Kiandre Woodard, avoided arrest at the time.
"There is evidence to suggest that this robbery is associated to a transaction involving several pounds of marijuana," CPPD said in that initial statement.
Woodard was tracked back to Texas, where local law enforcement eventually picked him up on an extraditable warrant and shipped him back to Jackson County. Woodard will face two counts of Robbery I, two counts of Robbery II, Burglary I, Assault III, Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Coercion, and Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle.
"Thanks to the law enforcement in Texas who helped out with this case," CPPD said in a Facebook post on Friday.
- Suspect in Central Point Armed Robbery Arrested in Texas, Extradited
- Suspects Identified in Central Point Armed Robbery
- Central Point Police Investigate Armed Robbery of Taxi Cab Driver
- Three Arrested after Armed Robbery of a Vehicle in Central Point
- Police Arrest Armed Suspect
- Medford Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Police Arrest Suspect in Medford Taxi Cab 'Armed' Robbery
- Police Arrest Suspect in July Armed Robbery at Medford Subway
- Police: One Suspect Arrested, Another at Large Following Armed Robbery
- UPDATE: Police Search For Armed Robbery Suspect