Ore-- A new study shows that Oregon is one of the worst places in the country for seniors to live. Oregon ranks 45th out of 50 states and D.C.
The study used data from the US census bureau looking at five categories: fraud, housing costs, seniors living in poverty, seniors living alone and violent-injury deaths in seniors.
Iowa is ranked the safest state for seniors. California came in 43rd. Florida came in last as the least safe state.
- Survey says Oregon is not Safe for Seniors
- Ashland surveying seniors
- UPDATE: Missing Senior Woman Found Safe
- Keeping Seniors Safe in High Heat
- Southern Oregon Senior Resource Fair: Finances
- Abducted California Girl Found Safe in Oregon
- Southern Oregon Senior Resource Fair Offers More Than 70 Vendors
- TUESDAY: ACCESS Senior Fair
- Survey: Heart Emergencies Confusing for Americans
- Survey on Homelessness Seeks Local Input