Photo Gallery 8 Images
GRANTS PASS, Ore. — Students of Hidden Valley High School were introduced to their new Sparrow, Adalena B., at an assembly on Wednesday. Those students will soon be committing to acts of service in an effort to raise money for Adalena's medical treatment.
Adalena was born with a serious heart defect and a brain malformation called Dandy-Walker Syndrome. Both conditions will require lifetime treatment and support for her.
"Adalena will have medical hurdles her entire life but this adorable little girl remains very loving, happy, and courageous," Sparrow Clubs said.
Sparrow Clubs helps forge relationships between children in medical need, local students, and community sponsors. While Hidden Valley students complete their community service in support of Adalena, community sponsor Grants Pass Active Club will pledge support for her medical treatment.
On Wednesday, Hidden Valley High students gave Adalena a warm welcome.
- Students at Hidden Valley High meet their new Sparow
- Hidden Valley High School Students Plan 103-Mile Relay To End Bullying
- Crater, Hidden Valley advance to the state title game
- Pet of the Week: Hidden
- Authorities Arrest Student with Loaded Handgun at North Valley High
- Firefighters Douse 'Hidden' Fire in Grants Pass Hotel
- Sheriff: Couple Arrested After GPS Tracker Hidden in Stolen Package
- Family finds hidden camera livestreaming from their Airbnb in Ireland
- America's addiction to absurdly fast shipping has a hidden cost
- Fire Danger in Rogue Valley Will Increase to 'High'