Eagle Point, OR. -- Today students at St. John Lutheran school were surprised with a large helicopter landing in the middle of their parking lot.
The school says this is the biggest show-and-tell they've ever had. What makes it more special, is that the pilot is one of the student's grandfathers.
The pilot, Craig Morrison, told NewsWatch12 his grandson, Malakai McFall, has been asking him for months to go by the school for show-and-tell.
"I've always wanted to do it, with him," says Malakai.
Morrison was planning on only going in his flight suit, but he says he then had a better idea.
"We said, lets just bring the helicopter. All the kids would enjoy it," says Morrison.
"It was very cool. I've never seen a helicopter this close, " says Matthew Butler, a student at St. John Lutheran school.
Morrison says the helicopter normally works out of Ashland, and for the Jackson County Sheriff's Office. It does rescue work at Crater Lake, and helps with power lines and construction.
Morrison says he took the time to do this because he knew it would make his grandson's day, "My grandson is just the biggest joy of my heart. I just love him so much. I'd do anything for him and it was just an absolute pleasure to come down and do this."
St. John Lutheran school says this is a STEM opportunity for students. STEM programs focus on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- Students Get the Ultimate Show-and-Tell
- The Ultimate Base Camp
- Ultimate Spring BBQ: Chicken Sandwich
- Ultimate Spring BBQ: Classic Brisket
- Ultimate Spring BBQ: Smoked Flat Brisket
- Ultimate Spring BBQ: Chimichurri Tri Tip
- Ultimate Spring BBQ: Fall off the Bone Ribs
- Ultimate Prom Night Experience For People With Special Needs
- Gloria Vanderbilt was the ultimate master of reinvention
- UPDATE: Medal of Ultimate Sacrifice Approved for Fallen Ashland Police Officer