BUTTE FALLS, Ore. -- A teacher at Butte Falls Charter School has resigned. A tip that came into our newsroom suggests that it is linked to potentially inappropriate behavior involving a high school student.
The student says the teacher called her pet names and massaged her shoulders in class. She told the principal about the behavior several times before the teacher was put on administrative leave.
The Jackson County Sheriff's office tells us they got involved after the family connected with DHS. An investigator met with the teen and her family at the Children's Advocacy Center. The family is also working with Jon Nicholson, a former police officer. He did his own investigation and he advised the family that this could be a criminal matter.
NewsWatch 12 reached out to the sheriff’s office and verified there is an ongoing investigation. Right now the teacher is not facing any criminal charges.
We also reached out to the superintendent and principal. The principal confirmed that a teacher had resigned but she said that she could not say why.
- Student Accuses Teacher Of Inappropriate Touching
- NBC News Fires Matt Lauer Over Inappropriate Sexual Behavior
- California Teacher Accused of Forcibly Cutting Boy's Hair
- Small Tornado Touches Down in Portland During Fall Storm
- Arizona Students Back in Class After 6-Day Teacher Walkout
- UPDATE: Student Says Science Teacher Tackled Indiana School Shooter
- Former Oregon Substitute Teacher Sentenced For Sexually Abusing A Student
- Ashland Teacher Makes Jeopardy Debut
- Los Angeles Teachers Strike Ends
- Eagle Point Softball Team Greeted With Touching Tribute at Away Game