CENTRAL POINT, Ore. — Central Point Police and Fire District 3 responded to reports of a structure fire today near the intersection of Newland Road and Truax Road. Emergency medical services arrived but were quickly called off, as no injuries were discovered at the scene.
Firefighters were able to contain the flames to the building where they originated, but the structure itself was a total loss. Photos from the scene show a few charred timbers left standing, with sheets of metal roofing dumped onto the ground. A pickup truck was also consumed by the fire, as it was apparently parked inside the barn.
According to neighbors, the building was a barn for housing horses, but authorities do not believe that there were any animals inside the building when it caught fire. Neighbors also believe that the owner of the building was not home at the time that the fire began.
- Structure Fire in Central Point Consumes Horse Barn
- Barn Fire in Central Point Under Investigation
- Eight Structure Fires in Central Point in Two Weeks
- Fire Engulfs Eagle Point Barn Behind Restaurant
- One Horse Killed in Grants Pass Barn Fire
- Early-Morning Fire Consumes Structures on Caves Highway
- Costco Relocates to Central Point
- Medford Fire-Rescue Investigating Small Barn Fire
- Central Point Grass Fire Torches Single-Wide Trailer
- Officers Respond to Shots Fired in Central Point