COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Porn actress Stormy Daniels, who was arrested in Columbus, Ohio, during a performance at a strip club, has been released on bond.
Franklin County Jail officials confirmed she was released around 6 a.m. Thursday. Court records show Daniels posted $6,000.
Daniels, also known as Stephanie Clifford, is set for a Friday arraignment on three misdemeanor counts of touching a patron at a "sexually oriented" business in violation of an Ohio strip club law. The law prohibits anyone who isn't a family member to touch a nude or semi-nude dancer.
Daniels's lawyer, Michael Avenatti, says on Twitter that she will plead not guilty to all counts and has said the touching was in a "non sexual" way.
Avenatti called the arrest a "complete set up."
- Stormy Daniels Released From Jail on Bond
- Sheriff: Fewer Inmates Being Released from Jail Due to Overcrowding
- History of Jails
- Phoenix-Talent $69 Million Dollar Bond Issue
- Breaking Down The Medford School Bond
- School Bonds Score Victories Elsewhere in Oregon
- Bail Bonds are Booted out of California
- Ballot Breakdown: Daniel vs. Knapp for Sheriff
- Medford School Bond To Fund CTE Programs And Facilities
- Grants Pass School District Announces Meeting on Bond Measure