GRANTS PASS, Ore.--A stolen van from a real estate office in Grants Pass has been found, over a month after it was reported stolen.
The real estate business used the van to help customers move free of charge.
After the van was stolen, it took a police chase to bring it back.
The van has been used by the public for the last seven years for moving purposes.
In late October it was stolen out of the parking lot of the realty office in downtown Grants Pass.
Owner of Realty Executives of Southern Oregon Chris Barnett says, "It was secure, but when people want something bad enough, they'll take it."
On Monday morning, a good Samaritan saw the van parked in front of a vacant house.
Barnett says then a person came out of the house and tried to drive away, hitting the good Samaritan’s car on his way out.
Owner of Realty Executives of Southern Oregon Chris Barnett says, "The person gets out, puts a bandana on his face, hits the good Samaritan, then a pursuit happens, calls 911."
Once the Sheriff's Office was called, the chase continued onto redwood highway.
That's where Barnett says the suspect dumped the van and ran off.
Owner of Realty Executives of Southern Oregon Chris Barnett says, "I have not heard if the individual was caught but I sure hope justice is served. It's more about the principle of stealing things this time of year anyway. I was told stolen things were falling out of the van as the vehicle was driving off."
Right now, that van is in an impound yard as evidence.
The Sheriff's Office is also having to sort through all of the stolen items that were stuffed inside.
Realty Executives of Southern Oregon is hoping to replace the van soon.
At this time no word yet if the suspect was caught.
- Stolen Van Used For Crime Spree
- A man's crime spree ends in Medford
- Suspect in Medford 'Morning Crime Spree' in Police Custody
- Woman Arrested For Drunk Driving Spree
- Stolen Van Full of Show Dogs Recovered by Police in Redding
- Suspected Vandals Arrested in Medford After Weekend Spree
- Police Arrest Suspects in Downtown Medford Vandalism Spree
- Surveillance photos help police arrest burglary spree suspect
- Man sentenced to 9 years for Oregon bank robbery spree
- Police arrest suspect in recent Phoenix tire slashing spree