We're not past Thanksgiving yet, but many of you may already be thinking of Christmas. You can go cut down your own Christmas tree on some public lands starting tomorrow. Some National Forest and Bureau of Land Management lands will be open for cutting.
You do need a permit. There is a limit of five permits per house.
You can pick up a map of where you can cut down the trees online or when you get your permit. Contact your local national forest or BLM office for more information.
- Starting Tomorrow: You Can Get Your Christmas Tree Permit
- Christmas Tree Fire Safety
- Live Christmas Tree Disposal
- Starting Tomorrow You Can Harvest Roadkill
- Keep your Christmas tree hydrated
- Nationwide Christmas Tree Shortage: Experts Say Get Your Tree Early
- How to Safely Secure Your Christmas Tree
- Boy Scouts Troop 112 Sells Christmas Trees
- Prevent House Fires this Christmas, Keep Your Christmas Tree Green
- Christmas Tree Farmer says there is a Christmas tree shortage in Oregon