EAGLE POINT, Ore. — Eagle Point Police have ended a standoff on Sarah Park Circle.
The neighborhood had been evacuated while police tried to convince a man to leave his home. Police were concerned the man had explosive gases inside the house.
The suspect turned himself into police at about 10:15 p.m. Thursday night. Fire officials are now in the home trying to make sure the house is secure.
Residents are being allowed back into their homes.
Watch NewsWatch 12 at 11 for live coverage.
- Standoff in Eagle Point ends peacefully, fire officials working to secure home
- Eagle Point Standoff Suspect Arrested, Deputies Placed on Leave
- Fire Engulfs Eagle Point Barn Behind Restaurant
- Grand Jury Clears Deputies in Eagle Point Standoff for Shots Fired
- Mail Theft in Eagle Point Sparks Investigation
- Local Students Help Clean Up Eagle Point
- Eagle Point Shooting Victim's Mother Speaks Out
- Missing Eagle Point Girl Found in Arizona
- Eagle Point Senior Prepares for State Competition
- Police: Suspect in Eagle Point standoff threatened to 'blow himself and law enforcement officers up with gas tanks'