LOS ANGELES (AP) - Among comics lovers, Stan Lee was as much a superhero as the characters he helped create.
Those fans, along with Lee's friends and colleagues, will get to pay their final respects at a Los Angeles memorial Wednesday night for the Marvel Comics mastermind who helped bring the world Spider-Man, Black Panther and The Incredible Hulk.
Filmmaker and Lee super-fan Kevin Smith, actor Mark Hamill and Lee's daughter J.C. Lee will be among those at a public remembrance and celebration at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood.
The evening will include speakers, musical performances, an art exhibit, and costumes and props from Lee's creations and Marvel-movie cameos.
The night is being called, "Excelsior! A Celebration of the Amazing, Fantastic, Incredible & Uncanny Life of Stan Lee."
- Stan Lee Gets Superhero Send-off at Hollywood Memorial
- Marvel Comics Pioneer Stan Lee Dead at 95
- Stan Lee's former manager pleads not guilty to elder abuse charges
- Oscar Nominations Connect Hollywood to Southern Oregon
- Golden Globe nominations kick off Hollywood's award season
- Unsolved: Danny Lee Kelley (1995)
- Unsolved: Timothy Lee Keays (1989)
- Burger Joints from Memory Lane
- Rogue Memorial Challenge Draws Thousands