MERRILL, Ore. — Just after 2pm on Thursday, Klamath 9-1-1 Emergency Communication received a call of a man stabbed in the neck at the Merrill Apartments. Police put a nearby school on lock-down until they could secure the suspect.
Merrill Police, Malin Police and Klamath County Sheriff’s Office responded to the call and found 27-year old man with a stab-wound to his neck. The attack happened while the victim was inside his apartment with his two children.
The victim was able to identify his attacker as Arturo Jeffery Leon. Police found Leon within an hour of the stabbing in the 100-block of W Court Drive in Merrill, and took the suspect into custody.
Basin Ambulance transported the victim to Sky Lakes Medical Center where he was treated and released.
The Merrill Elementary School was placed on locked down for a brief time until the suspect was taken into custody.
Leon is charged with assault in the first degree and unlawful use of a weapon. The incident is still under investigation.
- Klamath County Stabbing Suspect Taken Into Custody
- Stabbing Suspect in Custody near Klamath Falls
- Hours-long Klamath County standoff ends with suspect in custody
- Suspect Sought in Klamath County Theft Case
- Arrest Made In Fatal Klamath Falls Stabbing
- Suspect in custody after shooting kills two, injures one in Klamath Falls
- Klamath County Declares Drought Emergency
- Klamath County Air Stagnation Advisory
- Brookings Shooting Suspect in Custody
- UPDATE: Suspect in Custody for Suspected Stabbing of Three on Hwy 140