WALTON, Ore. — Deputies arrested a man suspected of trying to murder a 42-year-old woman in Lane County as he drove down I-5 through Jackson County, according to the Lane County Sheriff's Office (LCSO).
Deputies in Lane County first responded to a reported stabbing on Sunday just before 7:30 p.m. They found a 42-year-old Florence woman suffering from multiple stab wounds near the Walton Post Office in the tiny community of Walton, along Highway 126 between Eugene and Florence.
The suspect, believed to be 56-year-old David Lucius of Florence, reportedly fled the area in a white PT Cruiser — headed east on Hwy 126.
LCSO alerted law enforcement agencies south of Eugene and into California. Not long after this, a Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO) deputy saw a white PT Cruiser traveling southbound on I-5 north of Central Point.
Using spike strips, JCSO deputies, Oregon State Police troopers and officers from the Central Point Police were able to disable Lucius' vehicle on I-5, just south of where he was first seen.
LCSO says that Lucius was brought back to Eugene late Sunday night and has been lodged at the Lane County Jail for Attempted Murder, Assault in the First Degree and Strangulation.
Investigators believe that Lucius and the victim knew one another, but they are still uncertain as to what led up to the stabbing. The investigation remains ongoing. Anyone with information about the above incident is asked to contact Detective Silano at 541-682-4312.
"The Lane County Sheriff’s Office would like to thank all of the agencies that assisted, including the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office, the Oregon State Police, the Central Point Police Department, the Florence Police Department, and all of the agencies that kept a watchful eye for the suspect and his vehicle prior to his capture," said LCSO in a statement. "It is because of partnerships like these that the suspect was located and taken into custody so quickly."
- Stabbing Suspect Apprehended While Fleeing Through Jackson County
- Suspect in California Cop's Slaying Apprehended Following Manhunt
- Man Wanted In Curry County Crimes Apprehended in Nevada
- Klamath County Stabbing Suspect Taken Into Custody
- Jackson County Parks
- Jackson County's Jail Problem
- UPDATE: Man Wanted In Connection With Yreka Murder Investigation Apprehended
- Dad Accused of Abandoning Baby in Woods Apprehended in Bend
- Suspects Under Arrest After Turbulent Jackson County Car Chase
- Two Suspects Committed Crimes Against the Jackson County Jail