Jackson County's unemployment rate is 4.4%. This is one of the lowest in the state. Josephine County and Curry County are 5.5%. Klamath County is 5.8%.
As of September 2018 over 77,000 people in Oregon are unemployed. This is 8,000 less than last year at the same time.
The Country as a whole is sitting at 3.9% for the unemployment rate. A 49 year low.
The federal government says there is some positive economic news. Hundreds of thousands of new jobs were added to the US economy last month. The latest jobs report says 250,000 jobs were added across the country in October and wages grew 3.1%.
- Southern Oregon's Unemployment Rates are Higher than Country's Average
- Oregon's Unemployment Rate Rises in November
- Oregon's Unemployment Rate at Lowest Rate in 42 Years
- Oregon Snowpack Below Average
- Oregon Sheds Jobs in April; Unemployment Rate Holds Steady
- Unemployment Rate in Oregon Remains Steady at Longtime Low
- Oregon's Unemployment Rate Hits New Record Low in June
- Oregon Graduation Rate Climbs; Still Below National Average
- Report: Southern Oregon Cities Receive Questionable Safety Ratings
- Report: Oregon Apartments Unaffordable For Average Renter