MEDFORD, Ore-- Cleanup efforts happen reguarly at the Bear Creek Greenway throughout Jackson County, but Saturday's was different.
One South Medford Senior used her senior project to help clean up the part of the Greenway. "I wanted to do something that was within my control." said Payton Vollmar.
She chose this as her project by what she saw. "When I walk around the parks and stuff, and see litter and things on the ground, it makes me sad and I really want to make a difference with that." said Vollmar. This isn't her first time volunteering. "I've worked with the family nurturing center, I've done other cleanups, and just different things throughout the community."
Saturday was not just about Payton. It was about bringing people together to help the community. "We all like to support each other on our senior projects, because it's one of the last times we're going to see each other. Everyone's moving away." said Vollmar. Family, friends, and other community members came out to support and clean as well. "It makes everything so much cleaner, I really, really appreciate it." said Vollmar.
The Bear Creek Greenway near the intersection of McAndrews and Biddle is the section Vollmar and her team cleaned.
- South Medford student uses her senior project to clean up the community
- Cleaning Up Medford's Parks
- UPDATE: Missing Medford Senior Found
- Missing Medford Senior with Dementia Found
- High School Student Interns at Firearms School for Senior Project
- The Protectors Speak to South Medford High Students
- South Medford Students Hospitalized After Eating Marijuana Edibles
- Medford Moves Forward On Three Parks Projects
- Cougar Caught on Camera in South Medford