MEDFORD, Ore.- Emilie McGeary is teaching English in Guatemala. When the Fuego volcano erupted near Guatemala City, the pyroclastic flows moved quickly and killed more than 100 people so far.
McGeary says the day the volcano erupted, it sounded like a rain storm until she walked outside and saw the drops were ashes.
Now she's asking the Rogue Valley to help those deeply affected by this disaster across the world, promising every cent donated will go towards aid and emergency supplies.
These are the GoFundMe's McGeary has shared with NewsWatch12. McGeary says the donations are needed urgently.
- South Medford High School Grad Asks for Donations
- Oregon's High School Grad Rate Remains 3rd-Worst in Nation
- The Protectors Speak to South Medford High Students
- Medford High School Seniors Walk Through Old Schools
- Car Full of Students Crashes Mile from South Medford High School
- Cougar Caught on Camera in South Medford
- Over 300 North Medford High Students Skip School After Threat
- Whooping Cough Case Confirmed At North Medford High School
- Gov. Kate Brown Visits North Medford High School