MEDFORD, Ore.- Emilie McGeary is teaching English in Guatemala. When the Fuego volcano erupted near Guatemala City, the pyroclastic flows moved quickly and killed more than 100 people so far.
McGeary says the day the volcano erupted, it sounded like a rain storm until she walked outside and saw the drops were ashes.
Now she's asking the Rogue Valley to help those deeply affected by this disaster across the world, promising every cent donated will go towards aid and emergency supplies.
These are the GoFundMe's McGeary has shared with NewsWatch12. McGeary says the donations are needed urgently.
- South Medford High School Grad Asks for Donations
- Central Medford High School students collecting donations for care packages
- Oregon's High School Grad Rate Remains 3rd-Worst in Nation
- Governor Kate Brown visits South Medford High School, first day of school
- The Protectors Speak to South Medford High Students
- Car Full of Students Crashes Mile from South Medford High School
- Medford High School Seniors Walk Through Old Schools
- Cougar Caught on Camera in South Medford
- Over 300 North Medford High Students Skip School After Threat