MEDFORD, Ore. — Today many students from around the Rogue Valley enjoyed their snow day at the Rogue Valley Family YMCA.
It’s a stress-free solution that the Medford YMCA offers for working parents. Students will spend the day making slime, climbing the rock wall, swimming and utilizing the YMCA facility in its entirety.
The snow day program doesn’t cost any extra if you’re children are already enrolled in the after-school program. If you’re not registered you can still bring your kids for $30 a day.
“We are open to all families, even if you’re not currently registered for afterschool program they can come in and register to utilize the days as needed,” explained Bethany Pitts, the Rogue Valley Family YMCA After-school Director.
Other local activities for kids may or may not be on a normal schedule for Wednesday, see below:
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Rogue Valley reports that it follows the schedules of the districts it serves — closing or delaying if the schools do. That means, as an alternative to school, it may not be an option for parents with kids home on a school day.
Kids Unlimited was on a two-hour delay Wednesday morning.
ScienceWorks normally opens at 10 a.m. on a Wednesday and did not indicate that it would be closed.
Kid Time said that it would be open with regular hours, just a few programming tweaks.
- Kids, Parents Look for Snow Day Relief at the YMCA
- Kid Time, YMCA Bus Vandalized in Medford
- DONATE: Carr Fire Relief
- Parents Suspected of Keeping Kids Chained in California Home
- Yreka Parents Arrested for Failing to Send Kids to School
- How parents are talking to kids about violent content online
- Snow Day! Here Are Your Photos
- Medford School District Aims to Help Parents Better Communicate With Kids
- Millions Coming To Klamath Basin For Emergency Drought Relief
- Citizen Relief Program in the Works For Police Surcharge