Oregon Coast -- The National Weather Service says sneaker waves are possible along the Oregon coast this morning and into the evening.
Sneaker Waves are stronger than normal waves and can reach much farther up the beach than the normal waves. They have the power to knock people off of jetties and rocks and drag people out into the ocean.
The best way to protect yourself is to be alert, and do not turn your back on the water.
- Sneaker Wave Warning for the Oregon Coast
- Elevated Surf, Sneaker Waves Possible Wednesday Along the Coast
- Man Captures Sneaker Wave on Video
- Crabbing Reopens Along Oregon Coast
- Whale Watching On The Oregon Coast
- Crabbing Closed Along Southern Oregon Coast
- Earthquake, Aftershock Reported Off the Oregon Coast
- Five Earthquakes Reported Off the Oregon Coast
- West Coast Quake Warning System Now Operational, With Limits
- Coast Guard seizes sailboat full of liquid meth jugs off Oregon coast