UPDATE: According to Pacific Power, all power should be restored to the area in Central Point near Table Rock, Biddle, and Hamrick roads.
(Updated as of 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 10)
CENTRAL POINT, Ore. — Businesses, residences and stoplights have lost power between Table Rock and Hamrick Roads in Central Point after a power pole apparently snapped.
Latest reports from the scene indicated that power in the immediate area will be out for hours—perhaps most of the day.
The pole is located near the Super 8 motel on Biddle Road. Pacific Power was in the process of working on the pole when the top length of it broke.
Initial witnesses reported power lines down in the roadway, sparking.
A current alert on the Pacific Power website lists this as a single outage affecting 780 customers. Crews and authorities are on the scene.
NewsWatch 12 has a reporter on the scene and will update with more details as they emerge.
- Snapped Power Pole Causes Outages in Central Point
- Car Accident Causes Power Outage in Central Point
- Power Outages Affect Hundreds
- Pacific Power Reports Power Outage in Ashland
- Costco Relocates to Central Point
- Medford Power Outage Brings Down Traffic Lights
- Pacific Power Investigating Power Outage in Gold Hill
- Power Outage Leaves More than 2,000 Customers Without Power
- Morning Crash into Medford Power Pole Sparks Fire
- Williams Highway Back Open After Crash Takes Down Power Pole