MEDFORD, Ore. -- Small Business Saturday may be over, but Rogue Valley Pet was busy on Monday.
Almost every minute, someone was checking out or walking into the store — a store filled with animal lovers and people wanting the best for their furry friend.
"I like the products that they have. You can't give them at any place else," said Dave. He lives in Phoenix and shops at Rogue Valley Pet for his supplies.
"People really want to see fun and exciting things," said Chris Baldasaro, the owner of Rogue Valley Pet. He says this weekend was exciting and successful.
"They wanted to see stores and products and meet people. Venture into places they haven't gone," said Baldasaro.
Baldasaro says he isn't worried about his competition; the Targets, Walmarts or the online giants like Chewy. He says it's actually helped his business.
"People came in here, because they wanted the customer service and they wanted the local feel," said Baldasaro.
"Number one I like the people here," said Dave. It's one of the biggest reasons for him and his dog. It's also something that is also very important to Baldasaro.
"There is something about when you have a situation going on with a dog or cat or companion animal, when you come into a local store and people take the time with you to help you work through those issues that means a lot to people," Baldasaro.
So even though Small Business Saturday is over: "Remember in all the small towns around the Rogue Valley, there are lots of local businesses that really need the support of us all," Baldasaro says.
- Small Business Saturday a success in the Southern Oregon community
- Small Change: Southern Oregon's Small Businesses Speak Out
- Small Business Saturday Creates a Strong Sense of Community
- Small earthquake strikes off southern Oregon coast
- Small Business Saturday Promises More Holiday Sales
- Southern Oregon regional tree climbing competition set for Saturday
- 2 Southern Oregon Businesses Receive Powerball Bonus Checks
- Three Southern Oregon Businesses Rank Among Top 5,000 in Nation
- Southern Oregon Pride Community Outraged by Military Transgender Ban
- Community is working to end rent burden in Southern Oregon