MEDFORD, Ore. -- On Tuesday night at 6:30 p.m., NewsWatch 12 is proud to present "Skilled to Work: A Closer Look." The half-hour special will take a deep dive into the lack of skilled workers moving into trade jobs.
A lack of young, skilled workers moving into the industry has not only created problems for the time being, but could quickly accelerate down the road when many current workers begin to retire.
Over the past month, each NewsWatch 12 reporter has followed a different skilled worker or company — discovering the kind of opportunities available for students and willing workers right here in Southern Oregon and Northern California. Those stories will be displayed in the special.
One in-depth Skilled to Work story will run every Tuesday on NewsWatch 12 This Morning, as well as NewsWatch12 at 6 p.m.
Visit NewsWatch 12's Skilled to Work page for more information and forthcoming stories.
- Skilled to Work: A Closer Look takes a deep dive into skilled workers
- Local Girls Learning Trade Skills
- School Bond Could Help Critical Need For Skilled Workers
- Search continues for skilled workers in Southern Oregon
- 'Angels' Bring Sleuthing Skills to California Disaster
- Lack of young skilled workers causes worry for the construction industry
- Fire Crew Aims to Help Military Veterans Learn New Skills
- Stocks Dive After China Trade Sanctions Announced
- Scuba-diving Santa Claus delights children in San Francisco