HORNBROOK, Calif. -- On Friday, July 12, 2019 the Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office seized 2,528 illegal marijuana plants in the Klamath River Country Estates area in Siskiyou county.
44 pounds of processed marijuana were seized on illegal marijuana sites on White Pine Road, Palomino Place, Clark Road, Wolverine Drive, Butterfly Lane, and Blue Gill Drive.
From May to July, the Siskiyou Interagency Marijuana Investigation Team (SIMIT) has seized 25,750 illegal marijuana plants and 942.7 pounds of processed marijuana, some of it packaged in one-pound bags for illegal distribution and sales. Charges are pending against property owners.
The 25,750 illegal marijuana plants seized, is worth anywhere from $154.5 million to $231.7 million on the black market. The 942.7 pounds of processed marijuana is worth around $1.9 million to $2.8 million on the black market.
A large amount of trash, refuse, fire dangers, and other quality of life issues were found by investigators at most of the raid sites. A puppy was found at one site without food or water, exposed to the sun. The small puppy was taken into protective custody by SIMIT investigators.
According to Sheriff Jon Lopey, “Last week’s seizure of 2,528 illicit marijuana plants and the 44 pounds of processed marijuana confiscated on various private land parcels again illustrates the extent of the illicit marijuana cultivation and drug trafficking problem in Siskiyou County.
“My main concern is the danger this growing problem poses to our children and the destruction frequently inflicted on our fragile environment,” says Sheriff Lopey.
These crimes are still under investigation and anyone with information about illegal marijuana cultivation operations in their county neighborhoods or the cases subject to this counter-drug operation is urged to contact the SCSO’s 24-hour Dispatch Center at (530) 841-2900.”
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office removes illegal plants in marijuana raid
- Siskiyou county sheriff's office removes illegal plants in marijuana raid
- Raids seize more than 4.6K marijuana plants at Siskiyou County illegal grow sites
- Law enforcement seizes more than 4,000 illegal marijuana plants in Siskiyou County
- More Than 200 Illegal Marijuana Plants Seized in Klamath County Raids
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office Investigate Suspicious Death
- Sheriff's Office seizes 4,824 illegal plants, 454 pounds of processed marijuana
- Police seize more than 6,000 illegal marijuana plants in White City raid
- Q&A: Klamath County Sheriff Discusses Illegal Marijuana Grows in County
- The Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office Year End Report on Marijuana Busts