WEED, Calif. — Law enforcement and fire investigators arrested a man for arson along the Gazelle Callahan Road west of Weed on Tuesday, according to Cal Fire.
Officers from Cal Fire, the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office and the District Attorney's Office took 60-year-old Patrick James Davi into custody, accused of arson on forest land and burning without a permit after he allegedly caused multiple fires along the Gazelle Callahan Road.
"Cal Fire investigators determined Davi willfully and maliciously set fire to forest land, or property of others, and was burning while under a burn suspension," the agency said.
Davi started two fires in the area early Tuesday morning, Cal Fire said. Fortunately the fires did not grow to a threatening size.
Davi's initial bail has been set at $100,000. The arson charge he faces constitutes a felony.
- Siskiyou County man accused of 'willfully' causing multiple wildfires
- Cal Fire responds to multiple roadside fires in Siskiyou County
- Siskiyou County man accused of firing gun at wife, mother
- Active Wildfire Information: Updates on Southern Oregon & Siskiyou County Fires
- Siskiyou County Fire Crews Help Fight Southern California Wildfires
- Siskiyou County man arrested for murder
- Sheriff: Multiple Agencies Rescue Man Hit by Train in Siskiyou County
- Lightning caused wildfire near Canyonville
- Firefighters Battle Multiple Northern California Wildfires
- Man Hit and Killed by Train in Siskiyou County