MEDFORD, Ore. -- Signatures for an effort to recall Oregon Governor Kate Brown are due this Monday October 14, 2019. The petition needs 280,050 valid signatures.
This is a split issue with thousands in support on each side. On July 15, 2019 the Oregon Republican Party started petitioning for Governor Kate Brown's recall. It has been almost three months, and time is almost up for them to get all the signatures required.
Once the signatures are turned in on Monday, the Elections Filing Officer has 10 days to complete the signature verification process. If there aren't enough valid signatures, it ends there.
If there are enough valid signatures, Governor Brown would have five days to resign or submit a Statement of Justification to be printed on the ballot. An election would have to be held within 35 days.
- Signatures for Governor Kate Brown recall petition due this week
- Group gathers signatures for petition to recall Governor Brown
- Both petitions to recall Gov. Brown fail to get enough valid signatures
- Governor Kate Brown Discusses Education Goals
- Net Neutrality Bill to Receive Governor Brown's Signature
- Governor Kate Brown will be Inaugurated at State Capitol Today
- Two big bills head to Governor Kate Brown's desk
- 'Safe Gun Storage' Petition Will Vie for Oregonian Signatures
- Ashland Seniors Petition to Recall Three Commissioners
- Governor Kate Brown Speaks With Businesses Affected By Chetco Bar Fire