GRANTS PASS, Ore--Multiple shots were fired at the Parkway Christian Center just before 10:30 Sunday morning. No one was injured, but a bullet went through one of the front windows. The church was holding their Sunday service and went on lockdown. Pastor Dennis Webber says they were prepared for an emergency and the church followed procedures they had in place.
"We just made sure our children's wings were safe so there's a lock down there and we just asked everyone to stay inside the main room and that's when the security team secures the perimeter," says Webber.
Webber says Grants Pass Police responded quickly. They found a second bullet that hit a tree in front of the church. Witnesses reported hearing 2-4 gun shots.
"It's obviously escalating violence in our culture and our society, its an unfortunate thing. We don't like being the target of any of that, but we don't like when anyone's targeted," says Webber.
Right now police say there is not an active shooter threat in the area. Police are interviewing witnesses and trying to learn what happened.
If you heard or saw anything, contact Grants Pass Police Department.
- Shots fired at Parkway Christian Center in Grants Pass
- Police Investigating Driver Shot in Grants Pass
- Grants Pass discusses need for warming center
- UPDATE: 'Live Grenade' Dropped Off at Grants Pass Parkway Fire Station
- Several Grants Pass Businesses Catch Fire Overnight
- Grants Pass Fire Rescue Goes Pink
- Grants Pass Chaplain Helping Camp Fire Victims
- Fire Destroys Motorhome in Grants Pass
- Two homes damaged in Grants Pass fire
- Grants Pass Sobering Center working to provide a solution