Photo Gallery 2 Images
MT. SHASTA VISTA SUBDIVISION, Cali. -- On June 14, 2019 the Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office coordinated a series of counter-drug operations in Siskiyou County, seizing 4,824 illegal marijuana plants in the Mt. Shasta Vista area southwest of Montague, south of County Road A-12.
Law enforcement says the seizures included search warrants served on 11 parcels in the Mt. Shasta Vista Subdivision. 454 pounds of processed marijuana were seized during the search warrant operations.
The Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office estimates the plants seized would ultimately be worth approximately $28.9 million to $43.4 million on the illegal retail drug market. They say the 454 pounds of processed marijuana is worth approximately $908,000.00 to $1.3 million on the illegal retail drug market. A large quantity of trash, refuse, fire dangers, and other quality of life issues were observed by investigators at most sites.
Law enforcement says combining May and June to-date 2019 enforcement totals, The Siskiyou Interagency Marijuana Investigation Team has seized 19,088 illegal marijuana plants in May and June. SIMIT says it has seized 846.5 pounds of processed marijuana, some of it packaged in one-pound bags for illegal distribution and sales.
Assisting with the operation were patrol deputies, Jail deputies, SIMIT detectives from SCSO and members of SCSO’s professional staff evidence-property team. Soldiers from the California Army National Guard’s (CARNG) elite Counter-Drug Unit assisted with the operation.
These crimes are still under investigation and anyone with information about illegal marijuana cultivation operations in their county neighborhoods or the cases subject to this counter-drug operation is urged to contact the SCSO’s 24-hour Dispatch Center at (530) 841-2900.
- Sheriff's Office seizes 4,824 illegal plants, 454 pounds of processed marijuana
- Siskiyou county sheriff's office removes illegal plants in marijuana raid
- More Than 200 Illegal Marijuana Plants Seized in Klamath County Raids
- Police seize more than 6,000 illegal marijuana plants in White City raid
- Raids seize more than 4.6K marijuana plants at Siskiyou County illegal grow sites
- Law enforcement seizes more than 4,000 illegal marijuana plants in Siskiyou County
- Detectives Seize 'Several Hundred Pounds' of Marijuana in Grants Pass
- Q&A: Klamath County Sheriff Discusses Illegal Marijuana Grows in County
- Sheriff: New Grants Allow Focus on Illegal Marijuana Grows
- Sheriff's Office Seizes More Than 550 Plants in Klamath County Pot Busts