WHITE CITY, Ore. — The Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO) seeks answers after an unknown driver hit and injured a woman as she was crossing the street in White City on Wednesday night.
Deputies received a report about the incident following a 911 call to Emergency Communications of Southern Oregon around 5 p.m. The caller reported a crash in the 7800-block of Hale Way.
Arriving at the scene, responders found an 18-year-old woman who had been hit by a car as she crossed the road, at a "location where a bike path intersects with the roadway."
"The unknown suspect, believed to be driving a smaller passenger car, fled the scene driving east on the bike path. The driver did not stop, or in any way assist the injured woman," JCSO said.
A passerby later found the woman and called 911. Personnel from Jackson County Fire District 3 and Mercy Flights treated the woman at the scene and then brought her to a local hospital.
The Sheriff’s Office is asking for assistance from any eye witnesses, or any people living nearby that may be able to provide information from home surveillance. If you have anything that can aid the investigation, please call 541-774-6800.
- Sheriff's Office Seeks Clues on White City Hit-and-Run
- Man Arrested for White City Hit and Run
- Curry County Sheriff's Office Seeks Missing Man
- Sheriff's Office Seeks Missing Klamath County Man
- Sheriff: Missing White City Alzheimer's patient located
- Sheriff's Office Seeks Missing Woman in Josephine County
- Deputies Seek Answers in White City Playground Shooting
- White City House Fire
- UPDATE: White City VA on Lockdown After Officer-Involved Shooting
- Sheriff's Office Searching for Man