WHITE CITY, Ore. - Deputies are searching for a man with a felony arrest warrant.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office says John Phelan, 64, was convicted of assault in the second degree for beating his girlfriend. Deputies say it happened December 8 in the couple's White City home in August.
He was released from jail on December 11.
Deputies were called to the victims home on Saturday, December 16, and on Monday, December 18 to investigate vandalism to the window. After the second incident Phelan was found on the ground nearby, intoxicated, and injured. He was cited and released for causing property damage.
Because of a clerical error, deputies on the scene were unable to confirm the terms of Phelan's probation, which prohibit him from contacting the victim. The district attorney's office has since filed a motion to revoke Phelan's probation.
Deputies say Phelan is known to visit the White City area. He is 5'11" and 220 pounds. He has gray hair and green eyes. If you have information about his whereabouts, call dispatch at 541-776-7206.
- Sheriff's Office Searching for Man
- Curry County Sheriff's Office Searches for Shooting Suspect
- Curry County Sheriff's Office Seeks Missing Man
- Sheriff: Search for Missing Ashland Man is Over
- Josephine County Sheriff's Office: Missing Josephine County Man Found Safe
- UPDATE: Missing Brookings Man Found, Sheriff's Office Confirms
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office Investigate Suspicious Death
- Jackson County Sheriff's Office Increases DUII Patrols
- Josephine County Sheriff's Office Recruiting Volunteers
- Sheriff's officer accuses Punxsutawney Phil of deception