KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. — A suspect has been arrested in connection with one recent instance of burglary and theft from Eternal Hills Memorial Gardens, according to the Klamath County Sheriff's Office.
Delbert Gavin was arrested on Thursday for charges of Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle (for allegedly stealing a backhoe), Second Degree Burglary, and First Degree Aggravated Theft (for additional stolen tools).
Sheriff Chris Kaber said in a statement that Gavin has been linked to thefts from the cemetery that occurred "on or about Mother's Day," May 13. However, Kaber said that "no credible link" has been established between Gavin and the most recent thefts from the cemetery (which occurred on May 24), although he was interviewed on the topic.
Kaber said that the backhoe Gavin is suspected of stealing has been recovered.
- Sheriff: Suspect Arrested in Previous Theft From Klamath Falls Cemetery
- Grave Robber Strikes Eternal Hills Cemetery in Klamath Falls
- Two Arrested Near Klamath Falls After Vehicle Theft
- Suspect Sought in Klamath County Theft Case
- Stabbing Suspect in Custody near Klamath Falls
- Klamath Falls Man Arrested After Pursuit
- Klamath Falls Man Arrested for Attempted Murder
- Arrest Made In Fatal Klamath Falls Stabbing
- Medford Car Thefts Rise in 2018 Over Previous Year
- Sheriff: Holiday Patrols in Klamath County Net Arrests, Citations