WHITE CITY, Ore. —
UPDATE: The suspect in a robbery at cattle prod-point back in October has been arrested following a "brief standoff" at a mobile home park in White City, according to the Jackson County Sheriffs Office (JCSO).
Around 4 p.m. on Sunday, deputies reportedly tried to contact 25-year-old suspect Ricardo Batres-Escober at a residence in the 2700-block of Falcon Street. At first, JCSO said, Batres-Escobar refused to come out of the trailer.
After roughly 45 minutes of negotiations with deputies, the suspect came outside on his own and was taken into custody without further incident.
JCSO said that deputies have been searching for Batres-Escobar since October 11 when he reportedly robbed a White City man while armed with a weapon described as a "cattle prod." Batres-Escobar was lodged in jail on charges related to the robbery and on a no-bail probation violation warrant.
(Updated 11/5/18 at 10:30 a.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: The suspect in a White City robbery on Thursday afternoon has been identified but remains on the loose after threatening a man with a cattle prod, according to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO).
Deputies received a report of the robbery around 2:15 p.m. from the Thunderbird Estates on Falcon Street. The suspect reportedly used a cattle prod to threaten a man into handing over an undisclosed amount of money.
There were no injuries reported in the incident, JCSO said.
Authorities have identified the suspect but he remains at large. JCSO said that there is "no threat to the public at this time."
This is a developing story, and NewsWatch 12 will update this article as more details emerge.
- Suspect in White City 'Cattle Prod' Robbery Arrested
- Deputies Search For White City Robbery Suspect
- Medford Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Medford Police Arrest Bank Robbery Suspect
- Fast and Easy Mart Robbery Suspects Arrested
- Oregon Officials Kill Two Wolves in Effort to Save Cattle
- Detectives looking for tips following White City 'strong-arm robbery'
- UPDATE: Deputies Arrest Wanted White City Man
- White City House Fire
- Suspect in Grants Pass Umpqua Bank Robbery Arrested