CASTLE ROCK, Colo. — A man wanted for multiple sex crimes perpetrated on teenage girls in Jackson County is now in law enforcement custody in Colorado, according to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO).
Detectives believe 21-year-old Isaac James Bergstrom may have more local victims who have yet to come forward.
JCSO detectives began their investigation in December of 2018 after receiving reports that Bergstrom had sexual contact with girls in their early teens between 2015 and 2017. The detectives believe that Bergstrom met the victims through school, activities, and acquaintances — both during and after his time as a student at Phoenix High School.
Detectives say Bergstrom contacted the victims in person in both the Phoenix and Medford areas, as well as through texting and mobile apps.
Bergstrom was indicted by a Jackson County grand jury on Thursday, April 11, 2019, on charges involving four victims. The indictment included charges of sodomy in the first degree, sodomy in the second degree, sexual abuse in the first degree, sexual abuse in the third degree (two counts), sexual harassment, and attempted sexual abuse in the third degree.
Following the indictment, a circuit court judge issued an arrest warrant for Bergstrom.
U.S. Marshals and local law enforcement officers in Colorado arrested Bergstrom on Monday, April 15. He is currently being held in the Douglas County (Colo.) Sheriff’s Office Detention Facility on $140,000 bond, pending an extradition process.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call the JCSO tip line at (541) 774-8333. Refer to case #18-26172.
- Sheriff: Man wanted for sex crimes in Jackson County arrested in Colorado
- Jackson County Wants Additional Judge
- Fugitive arrested in Jackson County
- Medford Chiropractor Arrested On Sex Crime Charges
- Jackson County Sheriff's Office Increases DUII Patrols
- Jackson County Sheriff's Office Hosts Open House
- Sheriff: Jackson County Jail is Overcrowded
- Sheriff: Scammers Posing as Jackson County Sheriff's Office
- UPDATE: Texas Most-Wanted Sex Offender Arrested in Klamath County
- Man Wanted In Curry County Crimes Apprehended in Nevada