YREKA, Calif. — Investigators are looking for answers after a man showed up at a Siskiyou County hospital suffering from gunshot wounds, according to the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office (SCSO).
Around 1:15 a.m. on Tuesday morning, a deputy responded to reports of a man who had surfaced at Fairchild Medical Center, seeking treatment for multiple gunshot wounds he sustained at an "unknown location."
Upon further investigation, deputies came to believe that the man had been in the Hornbrook area near Tarpon Drive and Moonfish Drive before he came to the hospital, but the identity of his attacker remained unknown.
"An investigation was initiated at the locations previously visited by the victim," said SCSO in a statement. "No one was found at the locations that could corroborate any criminal activity but one site was found to have an illegal marijuana cultivation site on the property."
"It is unknown at this time if there is any link with the illicit marijuana site."
Investigation by the responding deputy and SCSO's Major Crimes Unit did find that the gunshot victim is currently on parole. They are now working with the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) on the case.
“We are pleased the victim in this case appears to be recovering from his gunshot wounds but there is a lot of work that needs to be done in this case to determine who else is involved and other pertinent circumstances surrounding the incident need to be further investigated," said Sheriff Jon Lopey.
Anyone with information about the case is urged to contact the SCSO’s 24-hour Dispatch Center at (530) 841-2900.
- Sheriff: Gunshot Victim Found at Siskiyou County Hospital
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office Investigate Suspicious Death
- Sheriff: 'Suspicious death' ruled a homicide, gunshot wounds found
- Two People Found Dead in Siskiyou County
- Sheriff: 'Shots Exchanged' in Siskiyou County, Two Arrested
- Siskiyou county sheriff's office removes illegal plants in marijuana raid
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office removes illegal plants in marijuana raid
- Gunshot Victim Gets Arrested For Attempted Armed Robberies
- Police say there are "multiple gunshot victims" in West Texas
- Siskiyou Central Credit Union Accepting Donations For Klamathon Fire Victims