EAGLE POINT, Ore. — Two motorcycle riders were injured on Monday night after a collision with a pickup truck on Dodge Road. Another motorcycle rider—a potential witness—left the scene and is wanted for questioning, according to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO).
Dispatch received a call about the crash just after 7:30 p.m. When deputies arrived at the scene, witnesses said that one of the motorcycle riders, headed west, had collided with an eastbound pickup truck after crossing over into the eastbound lane.
The force of that collision caused the struck rider to veer back into his lane, impacting with another motorcycle rider. Both of those men slid from their bikes and wound up on the side of the road. Meanwhile, the pickup truck had crashed through a fence and came to rest in a field.
Both riders were brought to Rogue Regional Medical Center for treatment—one of them airlifted by Mercy Flights helicopter with critical injuries. The driver and passenger of the pickup truck were not injured in the crash.
Witnesses reported seeing a third motorcycle rider, a woman who had been riding with the two men. After the crash, she reportedly yelled for neighbors to call 911, then left the scene. Deputies seek to identify the woman in order to obtain a witness statement.
Deputies were assisted by detectives with the JCSO and a crash reconstruction team from Oregon State Police. Fire District #3 and Mercy Flights aided with medical assistance.
The incident is still under investigation and "impairment" may have been a factor, according to JCSO. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Sergeant Scott Waldon at (541) 774-6800, reference case #18-12375.
- Sheriff: Crash that Injured Two Motorcycle Riders Still Under Investigation
- Motorcycle rider killed in White City crash identified, investigation continues
- Motorcycle Rider Hospitalized After Crashing Into Buck Deer
- Motorcycle Rider Killed in Crash With Deer in Grants Pass
- Crash Between Van & Motorcycle in Grants Pass Injures One
- Premier Care Dental: Joe Rider
- Motorcycle Passenger Killed in Lake County Crash
- Wimer Man Killed in Motorcycle Crash
- Sheriff: Speed, alcohol suspected in Wilderville crash; two seriously injured
- Bull Riders Prepare For Challenge of Champions