GRANTS PASS, Ore. — On Thursday, 18-year-old Daniel Cooley of Rogue River stood before a judge at the Josephine County Jail Courtroom for his sentencing.
Back in March, Cooley was arrested and accused of sexually abusing a 12-year-old girl. He would later plead guilty to unlawful sexual penetration in the second degree and sexual abuse in the first degree.
On Thursday, the judge gave Cooley five years for each of this two sex abuse charges — totaling 10 years in prison.
The victim's family did not speak out at the sentencing hearing, but Cooley issued an apology to the family.
Cooley will be required to register as a sex offender.
- Sex Offender Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison
- Accused Sex Offender Arrested In Grants Pass
- Oregon Sex Offender Arrested on New Sex Abuse Charges
- Joseph Sallman Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison
- White City man convicted of sex abuse sentenced to nearly 17 years in prison
- Michael Cohen begins prison sentence
- Man Gets Nearly Six Years in Prison for Sex Trafficking
- UPDATE: Convicted Oregon Sex-Offender Arrested after California RV Chase
- UPDATE: Texas Most-Wanted Sex Offender Arrested in Klamath County
- Sheriff: Sex Offenders Targeted in Recent Phone Scam