GRANTS PASS, Ore. -- The Grants Pass Department of Public Safety says a fire hitting multiple businesses at 820 NE E Street caused part of the roof to collapse.
Fire crews got to the building around 11:41 p.m. on March 24, 2018. Grants Pass Police Department says there was heavy smoke and sprinklers were activated. Police say the single story strip mall had heavy smoke coming from the Black Forest Restaurant.
Police say crews began an aggressive fire attack and requested more assistance. Crews say with the additional assistance they were able to get the fire under control in about an hour, and the fire stopped spreading.
Police say there are no fire or civilian injuries.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation. If you have any information about the cause of the fire, please call Grants Pass Department of Public Safety at (541) 450-6260.
Rural Metro Fire says a multiple-alarm fire affected the Black Forest Restaurant and several other businesses overnight.
Traffic on NE D Street and NE E Street were effected.
The Grants Pass Department of Public Safety says they will continue to be on site through the morning to monitor for any hidden fire.
This is a developing story, and we will update this article with information as we get it.
- Several Grants Pass Businesses Catch Fire Overnight
- Multiple businesses, cars damaged in Grants Pass
- Camp fire victim rebuilds his business in Grants Pass
- Grants Pass Fire Rescue Goes Pink
- Grants Pass Chaplain Helping Camp Fire Victims
- Fire Destroys Motorhome in Grants Pass
- Two homes damaged in Grants Pass fire
- Public safety power shutoffs affect Grants Pass businesses
- Grants Pass Family Welcomes Triplets
- Grants Pass Brewfest happening now