UPDATE: A jet skier found dead in the Rogue River on Saturday has been identified as 39-year-old James Dawson, according to the Associated Press (AP).
The Josephine County Sheriff's Office believes that Dawson tried swimming to shore after his jet ski quit working, the AP reports. He was not wearing a life jacket at the time.
(Updated as of 2:00 p.m. on Monday, June 18)
GRANTS PASS, Ore. — Rural Metro Fire says a missing jet skier was found dead in the Rogue River Saturday night.
The rider went missing just below Robertson Bridge.
Units from Rural Metro Fire, AMR-Josephine County, Grants Pass Department of Public Safety, Josephine County Sheriff's Office, Oregon State Police, and Josephine County Search and Rescue all searched for several hours by boat and on the bank.
This is a developing story and will be updated with the latest information as it becomes available.
- UPDATE: Authorities Identify Jet Skier Found Dead in Rogue River
- Jerry's Rogue Jets
- Searchers unable to find Rogue River jet skier, missing for two days
- UPDATE: Woman missing near Rogue River has been found safe
- Missing person found in Rogue River
- UPDATE: Body Found Near Valley of the Rogue Now Identified
- Truck drifting in Rogue River
- Investigators identify man killed in Rogue River boating accident
- Rogue River Police Officer Found Not Guilty of Assault
- Body of missing swimmer found in Rogue River