PROSPECT, Ore. -- A Southern Oregon woman is helping connect people with lost family members and friends after the Camp Fire.
Cynthia Traut lives in Prospect. She is a certified search angel, meaning she is a qualified volunteer of the facebook page "Camp Fire Missing Persons, Paradise, CA."
When someone posts to that page about a missing family member, Cynthia and the rest of the angels get to work using a variety of online sources, including:
Franny Semas used to live in Paradise, and was worried about her former neighbors.
"She helped me, and it took maybe 24 hours," Semas said. "It was like a miracle."
Traut says finding someone can take five minutes or up to several days.
"It only takes one person that knows where they're at," Traut said.
The founder of the group, Pearl Dye says she created the page becuase she thought people needed a place to organize search requests.
"Group members are grateful for the search angels. And I am too," she wrote in a Facebook message. "Their work is a blessing."
Traut adds if you want to add someone to the list, provide as much information about the missing person as possible, like their full name, age, and last know address.
As of the latest update, there are three people still missing from the Camp Fire, which started November 8.
- Prospect 'Search Angel' Finds Missing People After Camp Fire
- Hunter missing near Prospect found minutes after search announced
- Homeless camp fire sparked Los Angeles blaze
- Deputies Seek Suspected Prospect Flasher
- Prospect Airport Manager Describes Hectic Scene Looking for Missing Pilot
- Finding Missing People in Paradise, California
- Prospect man dies in single-vehicle crash, fire
- Thick Smoke Affects Local Business in Prospect
- Deputies arrest three with warrants during transient camp sweep near Prospect
- Dogs and Portable Morgues: Search Intensifies in Camp Fire Zone