SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Authorities say a San Francisco police officer has been shot while responding to an incident in the city's Mission district.
Police department spokeswoman Grace Gatpandan said the shooting occurred around 4:20 p.m. Wednesday. Gatpandan had no further details about the injury or the officer.
Witnesses reported a massive police response to the shooting scene.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
3/21/2018 5:13:02 PM (GMT -7:00)
- San Francisco Officer Shot While Responding To Incident
- San Francisco Mayor Approves Recreational Pot Rules
- San Francisco Bay Area Tolls Increasing
- Crash Kills Toll Worker on San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge
- San Francisco Mayor Edwin Lee Dead at 65
- Scuba-diving Santa Claus delights children in San Francisco
- Mexican Man Acquitted of San Francisco Murder Denied Bail
- San Francisco Statue Removed After Accusations of Racism
- San Francisco is Allowing Noncitizens to Vote, but Few Will
- Officers Respond to Shots Fired in Central Point