JACKSON COUNTY, Ore. -- The Salvation Army in Jackson County is offering food, gift cards, toys, and clothing for families in need this Christmas. You can register for the Christmas assistance program this week from October 29, 2018 - November 1, 2018.
Registration will happen from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Salvation Army Medford Citadel Corps site. That's located at 304 Beatty Street, Medford Oregon 97504.
There are some qualifications to take part in the program:
1. The applicant must live in the service area.
2. The applicant must provide proof of residency. A current utility bill or rental agreement with the applicant's name works.
3. The applicant must bring a picture ID.
4. Children 17 and under must have a birth certificate or court adoption/custody documents.
5. The applicant must provide proof of income. Federal Poverty Guidelines will be followed to determine eligibility.
If you miss the first sign up dates, don't worry there are several through the next couple of weeks:
1. November 5, 2018 - November 7, 2018 from 9:00 am to 11:30 am and 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
2. November 6th and 7th from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Salvation Army Offers Christmas Assistance
- Salvation Army Kettle Drive Begins
- Salvation Army kettling starts today
- Salvation Army bell ringer shares story
- Salvation Army Says More Bell Ringers Needed
- Salvation Army: Shortage of Toy Donations
- Salvation Army Toy Warehouse Flooded Overnight
- Salvation Army Distributes Toys, Despite Damaging Flood
- Salvation Army Hands Out 400 Turkeys
- Salvation Army Kicks Off Season for Sharing