EAGLE POINT, Ore. —
UPDATE: The latest report from JCSO indicates that negotiations remain ongoing with the armed man inside of a home in the 1500-block of Worthington Road.
The situation began around 4:15 p.m. this afternoon. Sgt. Denney claims that it began when a woman reported that a man had threatened her with a gun at that location.
Authorities do not believe that there is anyone else inside the house with the subject. They also do not anticipate any hazards to neighbors since there are no other homes in the immediate area.
Sgt. Denney said that traffic impacts are minimal because it is a very rural area — traffic on Worthington consists almost entirely of those who live on that road.
While Denney maintained that a shot (or shots) were fired by the subject, no one appears to be harmed at this time. Authorities have not determined whether the shot was directed at anyone.
(Updated 10/23/18 at 6:10 p.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: Law enforcement officers have closed down Worthington Road near Eagle Point due to an ongoing SWAT situation involving a suicidal subject barricaded inside a home, according to Jackson County dispatch.
Sergeant Julie Denney with the Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO) has confirmed that a shot has been fired by the subject from within the house.
Worthington Road is currently closed at Brophy Road. Law enforcement asks that people avoid the area until the situation is resolved.
Dispatch was unable to confirm if there was anyone else in the house with the male subject.
This is a developing story and NewsWatch 12 will update this article with more information as it emerges.
- UPDATE: Negotiations Ongoing at SWAT Situation in Eagle Point
- UPDATE: Crash Cleared on Highway 62 Near Eagle Point
- Mail Theft in Eagle Point Sparks Investigation
- Local Students Help Clean Up Eagle Point
- Eagle Point Shooting Victim's Mother Speaks Out
- Missing Eagle Point Girl Found in Arizona
- Fire Engulfs Eagle Point Barn Behind Restaurant
- UPDATE: Victim in Grants Pass Homicide Identified, Investigation 'Ongoing'
- UPDATE: Two Suspects Arrested in Grants Pass SWAT Standoff
- UPDATE: Suspect Arrested in Medford Standoff After SWAT Breaches Door