ASHLAND, Ore. — Even after winning it all in May, the Southern Oregon softball team keeps on winning. This time, they earned an opportunity to play Team USA prior to their trip to the 2020 Summer Olympics.
The announcement came on Monday as the Women's National Softball Team continues to reveal opponents for their "Stand Beside Her" tour. It's a series of games that both help the national team's athletes prepare for the Olympic games and help spread the message of "unity aimed to inspire communities to stand beside... the members of the [Women's National Team], America and the future generation of female athletes," according to their website.
The Raiders will play the first game of a Team USA doubleheader at 3:30 pm on March 18, 2020, at Jane Sanders Stadium in Eugene. About 35 minutes after that game, Team USA will take the field again to square off against the University of Oregon.
Tickets for both games are available for purchase starting on December 6th at GoDucks.com.
- SOU Softball to play Team USA before 2020 Summer Olympics
- SOU earns renewal as Bee Campus USA
- SOU sports teams giving back
- SOU Softball Head Coach Jessica Pistole resigns
- Ashland resident to represent Team USA in Parapan American Games
- SOU students move into dorms
- Special Olympics Funding May Be Cut In 2020
- Tokyo 2020 unveils Olympic medals made from old electronics
- SOU President Joins Fight For DACA
- SOU Students Rally Against Proposed Pipeline