ASHLAND, Ore. -- Southern Oregon University is opening its doors to anyone wanting to escape the smoke. Areas like the student union building, the recreation center and Hannon Library will be open on certain days and times to accommodate the public.
This offering is just for fire season.
The Hannon Library will be open to the public Monday through Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and the student recreation center will be open Sunday through Thursday.
The Stevenson Union building from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. The public will have access to its Game Room (Room 330) Dankook room (Room 314), and Elmo's seating on the main floor. The basement level will also be open and it features a sitting room and TV.
For more information, watch NewsWatch 12 This Morning from 5 to 6 a.m.
- SOU Offers Public Areas To Escape Smoke
- Finding New Smoke in Smoke
- Families Escaping the Smoke in the Rogue Valley
- SOU sports teams giving back
- SOU students move into dorms
- Grants Pass might ban smoking in most downtown areas
- Smoked Fernet Old Fashioned
- Smoke Slows Business
- Containing Escape Artist Plants
- Escaped Inmate Captured