HUGO, Ore. -- Rural Metro Fire & Grants Pass DPS firefighters were alerted to a structure fire in the 5100 blk of Tunnel Loop Road Sunday.
Updates provided to 911 during the response indicated a significant fire in a large residence, which prompted a 2nd alarm.
Upon arrival of Engine 7502 from the Monument Dr Station, flames were rolling out the front of the single-story portion of the structure, and the occupants were attempting to fight the flames with garden hoses.
They were able to confirm all occupants had safely exited the residence, including several children. No human injuries were reported.
At one point, up to 4 dogs were also safely out, but one dog reentered the structure and was unaccounted for.
During the fire attack, a firefighter was able to locate the dog and carry it to the outside. It suffered from mild smoke inhalation and some singed fur, but was doing OK.
RM is working with the occupants to arrange Red Cross assistance. Cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Rural Metro Investigates House Fire on Tunnel Loop Rd.
- Rural Metro Investigates Suspicious Overnight Fire
- Rural Metro Fire Receives Award From American Heart Association
- Rural Metro Fire Responds To Three Crashes Friday Afternoon
- Rural Metro Fire Saves Driver in Fiery Crash Over Embankment
- Rural Metro Fire Will Select One Person To Experience A Controlled House Fire
- Structure Fire on Holland Loop Road
- Medford Fire-Rescue Investigating House Fire
- Dispelling Myths about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Underground Transportation Tunnel Proposed For Los Angeles