GRANTS PASS, Ore. -- Rural Metro Fire will be conducting a controlled house fire (burn-to-learn) just outside the city limits of Grants Pass on Saturday April 28, 2018.
Firefighters are inviting 1 participant to go inside the building to experience what it's like. The participant selected will be geared up in firefighter protective gear and escorted inside with fully trained firefighters, instructors and safety officers. Inside, the participant will be provided a front-row seat to the training that includes demonstrations in fire behavior, education on survivable conditions, techniques for civilian escape, firefighter search & rescue procedures, and fire suppression tactics used by firefighters.
Selection will be from those that apply, and can meet the requirements listed below.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
1) Participant must be at least 18 years of age.
2) Must hold a current fire protection membership/contract with Rural Metro Fire (Josephine County) on their personal property.
3) Must complete a medical questionnaire that is reviewed and approved by our authorized physician.
4) Be tested to wear a 30 lbs. self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
5) Be outfitted with a complete set of protective gear for structure fire entry.
6) Must sign applicable liability waiver.
7) Must be able to listen and react to commands and instructions given by RM personnel while participating.
To apply Rural Metro is asking that you like their facebook page Rural Metro Fire - Josephine County, then send us a message. You must include your full name, address that is under current contract with Rural Metro, email address and a contact phone number.
The deadline for applying is Sunday, April 8, 2018.