Photo Gallery 4 Images
MERLIN, Ore. -- Rural Metro Fire is looking into the cause of a tree falling into the roof of a home in Josephine County.
This happened on the 1000-block of Peco Road, just after 6:30 pm. on Monday evening. Rural Metro Fire said that three people were partially trapped in the home after the massive tree smashed through the second story.
Two people were able to get out on their own, while the other had to be rescued. Pacific Power crews cut electricity to the house so that firefighters could cut through a wall to reach the person.
Rural Metro said that two of the people were later taken to the hospital with apparently minor injuries.
"Unfortunately a bird died in the incident, but another bird and a dog were rescued," the fire agency said.
While the cause is currently unknown, Rural Metro says that it appears that the tree just uprooted.
- Tree crashes through the roof of Merlin home, trapping three inside
- Late-Night Crash Near Merlin Under Investigation
- Elk VS Vehicles Crash in Merlin
- Merlin Sidewalk Project Halfway Finished
- Merlin man dies following motorcycle crash on Highway 260
- Sidewalk Showdown: Merlin Residents Disagree About Additions
- Josephine County Commissioners Approve Merlin Sidewalk Project
- Merlin Business Helping Families with Autism
- Multiple explosions go off in Merlin neighborhood
- Rural Metro extinguish RV fire near Merlin